The first part of the week I think I qualified to be called a slug. I did almost nothing.
On Monday I went to Don’s spin class which was anaerobic threshold/intervals. It was hard. Jaw clenching - towel in the mouth – type of workout. The whole class yelled “Uncle” after the first interval, there was four intervals. 517 calories burned.
Tuesday—nothing.
Wednesday I went to the gym in the evening to run, but it was so stinking hot with all the people that I couldn’t do what I wanted to do. Not to mention, I was forced to run on a treadmill that I wasn’t used to and after 20 minutes I almost did a face plant on that machine while running. Why do they have to have a class on the treadmills which takes up about 20 machines during peak hours? I opted to do cardio circuit training at that point. I went on the stair master (the one that looks like a flight of stairs) for 20 minutes without holding on. What a great workout. My heart rate hit AT a few times. Next was the Arc Trainer for 20 minutes. I had a miss conception that I was getting more out of that machine then I thought I was actually getting. I didn’t quite feel like I got a good workout in so I went home and sat on the trainer for an hour. 882 calories burned.
This morning I went to a weight lifting class. I think of myself as a fit person. I used to do a lot of heavy lifting before the days of cycling and I do a lot of cardio now. I thought this class would be no problem.
Holy crap. It was like weight lifting on crack. You had 10 seconds to get all your stuff, there was no waiting for anyone. Everything was at rapid speed. At one point during the class I had to put my hands on my knees to catch my breath. I should have grabbed weights that were lighter since you get tired after more then 10 reps. I kept thinking after every move "this is going to hurt tomorrow". Thank god it was only 45 minutes. There was 5 seconds of cool down and in amazing record of time everyone had their stuff away and was out the door. Did that class really happen? 231 calories burned.
I’m not a religious person, but Lent started this week and I thought it would be a good idea to give up something for 40 days. I thought about and consulted with a few siblings on what would be realistic. I don’t want to do this and give up within two days so I gave up candy and bad carbs, which means I replace that with healthier foods. I’m not a horrible eater, it’s the lack of control I have that is the problem. Currently I’m 1.5 days into this and my body is not happy with me. My body is well trained to eat crap I swear last night I smelled french fries and I was no were near a fast food restaurant. 38.5 days left.
Tomorrow is Matt’s class.
P.S. I’m still driving the Focus.
1 comment:
I love ya Madonna! So determined.
It's OK to have bad days. The club sucks this time of year and that's one of the reasons I'm bashing my skull on the ice, but I'm having fun doing it. There were no other bikers on the lake last night. Hmmmmmm! I wonder why?
I also appreciate your enthusiasm and determination. You've come a long way baby!
One thing to keep in mind...You work so damn hard you really do deserve a treat now and then. Just keep that in mind.
Nigity - "Always keep a smile in your heart."
Post a Comment