Friday, November 21, 2008

Vindication…almost

Last night I went to the gym to re-do the long run that never happened on Tuesday. Everything was going great until ten minutes left my stomach started to cramp up. I tossed in my towel and headed home. Next time.

I went home and jumped on the trainer for about an hour. I changed my seat position—which was much better, but probably awkward for someone else. To my amazement I got my heart rate up to 165. The most I’ve ever got my heart rate up to on the trainer was 125. Finally a good work out on the trainer!!

This morning I missed Matt’s class. That is the second spin class this week I’ve missed.

Tomorrow I may take the plunge and go to Michelle’s class. Wish me luck. I’ve heard I may not enjoy her class since she is a yeller. Then I’m going to meet up with the Hellions to bedazzle. I know—they asked me why I was laughing when they invited me...aren’t you? Then later—much later is “sit on your trainer and spin” with the TH girls. I’m going to attempt Johns rollers…wish me luck. I’m imagining it to be similar to my experience of falling in my living room the first time I got Trek Senior—got stuck in the cleats and fell onto the coffee table. Don’t worry, the coffee table was fine. I, on the other hand, had a major dent in my leg.

2 comments:

Groover said...

Just came across your blog again (I remember having read a post a long time ago but hadn't book-marked) and I was exhausted just reading about your training regime. Wow. Are you training for something in particular? How did you go on the rollers? I'm thinking about getting rollers.

Madonna said...

Thanks for checking out my blog—how the heck did you stumble upon my ramblings? I’m training for…good question. I’ve been a gym rat for quite some time it hasn’t been until the past couple years that I’ve had a purpose. Thanks to the influence of my friends, I’ve gotten into competitive cycling (locally). This past summer was my first year—next year I hope to make the podium in my category.

As for the rollers, I'll chat about them in my next posting. :)