Friday, December 7, 2007

1 Hour Challenge

Today in spin class we did 60 minutes of hill climbing. My legs felt great but I got a kink in my neck from being in the same position for so long. I enjoy out of the saddle hill climbing in spin class so today was fun. Thanks Matt!

I started thinking about last year at this time…

I took my first spin class. I woke up one morning and said I was going to go. I told all my co-workers that spin class has always scared me and that I was going to bite the bullet and just do it. I don’t think I will ever forget that day and the weary look that they had in their face once I told them my plans. I walked into the class and the first thing I did was tell the instructor it was my first time. She was great. She said “if you can’t put any more tension on the bike just fake it”. 15 minutes into class I didn’t think I would make it the whole 60 minutes. 30 minutes into class I couldn’t see from the pain and/or sweat in my eye. I did it, I completed the class. I called my sister Melinda right away and told her what I just did. I told her I couldn’t wait to go back.

No comments: