This weekend was crazy. I went to my sister Melinda’s house on Friday night. My other sister, Melissa, came from St. Cloud with Zoe. We made and exchanged Christmas cookies for a few hours. I’m surprised every year that I don’t go into sugar shock.
Saturday I went to the gym and ran 20 laps (about 2 miles). I didn’t struggle though the run like have been in the past, I also completed it 2 minutes faster then when I first started running the 20 laps about a month ago (18 minutes). After a quick change I went to Jody’s class. Steve showed up. I almost didn’t recognize him, he had hair and he lost 30 pounds since he last rode with us in May when he got lost. I quickly changed and went to the dentist to find out that I have to get a crown. I was so depressed. I’ve had so much done with my teeth that I always hate to go. Open the wallet and say awh.
Then, I worked a 6 hour shift at William Sonoma and then headed up to the Loon party. The party was fun. I'm kind of mad at myself because I stayed in my comfort zone and hung around the guys I knew and didn't venture to meet anyone new. The room was split like a Jr. High dance. Some of the cat 1's showed up right before I left, but I never got to talk with them. Guess I'll meet them this summer sometime.
I had a long conversation with Melinda at the party. I've talked with her several times while riding, but I never talked with her as long as I did that night. It was nice to get to know her a bit more.
They gave out gag awards. There were some good stores from the past year. One guy won the Skibby Award by running into a moving train (he thought he would clear the train after it was rolling by but timed it wrong). Those of you who don’t know about the Skibby Award, it was named after the guy Skibby, now the MCF President, because he has done a number of bonehead moves like forgets his wheels at home the day of a race. The one I liked was the kid-leash that was given to Neil. At his Prairie-Roubaix race, which he has organized for the past three years, he was dropped early on but out of pure determination (and help by holding onto a car) he won the race.
I’ll have to come back and edit this but there was a 15 year old that is on the team. At the age of 15 he has about 10 titles under his name from just this year. I hope he continues his drive in this sport. He will be one to watch.
I’m excited to start training seriously for this upcoming season. The women team has a bit of notoriety here in Minneapolis, but I would like to see if I can make a name for myself. I want to lose a few (or 25) pounds before March. It seems like an ambitious goal, and I agree, but if I have more then the normal reasons to drop a few pounds I think I’ll can stick to the plan. Wish me luck. I’ll need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment