Thursday, December 6, 2007

I Survived

I went out x-country skiing last night. Wow! What a full body work out. There were 4 of us that went out. They all must have thought I was acting like a wimp when we where going down this death defying hill. I've never down hilled skied before so that hill looked like a mountain to me. I'm glad I didn't have wax or skate skies.

I’m such an impatient person. I always have to put myself in check when it comes to cycling and now skiing. I was thinking this morning about how many times I have actually gone out, even though I’ve had my skies for several years. Including these couple of times recently it has only been 6 times. Between the lack of snow and my couple of years living in Portland I never got out very much.

One of the guys that we ride with met us on the trails. It was so funny because the 4 of us had no idea who it was at first...we are not used to so many layers.

No comments: