Merry Christmas.
I went to my sister Melinda’s place on Christmas Eve and went to church with them. It was a children’s mass, so it was cute. I then headed north to my sister Melissa’s place and spent the day at her in-laws. They’ve been married for 23 years so our family and their family are close.
I kept getting texts yesterday from my friends wishing me Merry Christmas. It’s nice to get a text but my sister and I were talking about how now people would rather text then call since they really don’t want to talk, but want to wish you greetings. Funny how times have changed just in the past year.
I went to the gym this morning to work off the cookies that I consumed yesterday. I swear cookie monster must be my father because I have no control when it comes to limitation.
I didn’t go to spin today for a couple of reasons, Tracy wasn’t teaching and I would be the only one there. Instead I did cardio on my two favorite machines the Precore and the Arc Trainer and then did weights. The gym was so quite. I’m not one to make a new years resolution. Why wait? Waiting until January 1st to start a life change just sets you up for failure. Kudos to those who can stick with it. Spin class will be hard for the next couple of weeks. The instructors have been pretty nice this past couple of weeks, but they tend to make it harder after the new year to weed out the one’s that can’t hang. They know that us regulars can take it because we have been there for the past couple of months.
It has been snowing on and off since Saturday. I wonder how the trails will be tonight for skiing. As mom would say: “It’s one sheet of ice. Just one sheet of ice.” You’ve got to love her German ways.
Although, my week is cut short I still plan to work:
Wednesday: Cardo, weights, x-country skiing
Thursday: Long run, weights
Friday: run the track(?), spin class
Saturday: run the track, 2 hour spin class with Matt and Jody
To my surprise, I got a call from a friend that I haven’t talked to in over a year. We are meeting for drinks next week. I think he was shocked to hear in the past year a lot has changed. I have a new job, bought a house, and got into cycling. When we last talked I didn’t do anything, I went to the gym but that was about it aside from work. Now I’m more active, great friends, and I have - in so many words - a life. It will be interesting, last time we hung out was when it was convenient for him…now it will have to be when it’s convenient for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment