Thursday, December 27, 2007

I fell—what's new?

Last night’s skiing was fun. The fresh snow, calm winds, and the lit tracks made it very pretty and peaceful. Nights like that is what makes me love winter.

Carol, Holly, Diane and myself met. Diane did great on skate skies for the first time. Unfortunately, I’m the slow one. I hate to slow anyone down, but Carol and Diane have been taking turns staying back with me and giving me pointers. Diane got a good laugh when I biffed it on the hill. I'm surprised I've made it down that hill so many times without falling. I think I psyched myself out, ½ ways down I went down. I couldn’t get up so I tucked my skies under my butt and slid down the hill. Now that was fun! Diane almost caused me to tip over from laughing so hard when she almost did the splits.

Tonight is my long run, and then Matt’s spin class in the morning.

No comments: