Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's Getting Easier

Last night’s skiing went really well. I never fell. Holly, Carol, Diane and myself went to Elm Creek. Diane stayed back with me and discussed technique and waxing. Before they came I took off on the bigger loop thinking they could catch up to me, but I was able to make the loop before they got there. The snow was softer due to the warmer weather so it was much easier to climb the hills. After last week, my heart was beating pretty fast when I got to the top of the “death defining hill”. The whole time I kept hearing Carol’s voice saying ‘make your pie’, ‘turn in your foot to make the turn’, ‘lean forward’...I miss my bike.

I stopped by the shop to say hi to the guys before I went skiing. I guess I wasn’t the only one. The guys said that a few of the Wednesday night guys have stopped in lately to say hi and to check out the new Madone. That’s a nice bike. Someday I’ll get a carbon bike, but not this year.

Between our vendors and co-workers there has been a bunch of junk food here at the office. I’m such a sweets person that if it’s around I will eat it. There goes my 2 pound loss. Thus why I don’t buy any.

My co-worker is a type A personality. We got gifts for our client (3 people) and we themed and personalized their gifts. Today we were wrapping each gift. I finished wrapping one, but because she wanted different paper on each gift (which I didn’t know), she unwrapped the gift and rewrapped it with a different paper. The card that was designed by our Supervisor for the account wasn’t quite what she wanted so she went down to the creative dept to fix it, but then technology was appalled by the cut and past look to the card so they had to fix it. This whole thing was funny.

No comments: