My main objective for the weekend was to fix my garage door opener since it was warmer outside. I talked with my brother-in-law over the phone and he confirmed that the motor was shot. I went to Home Depot, Lowe's, and Menards looking for a new one...damn they are expensive. I ended up talking to this one guy that suggested a particular model that tends to go on sale once a month. I opted to wait until I saw the Sunday ads before I purchased one. I went home read a little of Jill's blog and fell asleep at 7pm...fun Saturday night in my life. I woke up at 6:30am and told myself that I need to pull myself up from the self-wallowing/junk food funk and do something, so I went for a run before the snow started melting. 10.5 miles later I felt pretty good. I tracked the time and figured out that I kept the same pace as if I was on the treadmill, but went twice as far. I guess it gets old looking at someone's backside for 60 minutes verses a diverse view when running outdoors. 1200 calories burned.
I purchased the garage door opener I wanted on sale. I started putting it together, even thought the guy from the day before was concerned that I, as a female, would not be able to tackle this task (he gave me this strange look when I said I was going to be installing it myself). I came into a little issue when installing (the guy from he store would have had the same problem) the belt is too long and it's not adjustable. I'm going to fight my battles this week and get my jeep fixed first.
1 comment:
im not going to wish you to feel better because you already run 10.5 miles, so im not even going to ask how you feeling,and im truly sorry to hear that.
keep it up madonna you are looking good
jorge
Post a Comment