Wednesday, January 2, 2008

You get there faster on the bike...

Are you sitting? You should be...On Monday I wanted to get my long run in for the week (at the gym on the treadmill) before the new year’s people came. I went to the gym and they where closed at 3pm! I went home and was determined to get it in so I bundled up and headed OUTSIDE! ~yeah me running outside in the middle of winter…there is something I would never have seen myself ever doing. Anyways, I had the route planned out, but it was a little further then I thought…I guess you get there faster on the bike! Anyways, turns out I ran 10 miles on the sidewalks (it was like running on a sandy beach with the resistance) ~ I’m not fast so it took me 2 hours. Was I ever happy to get home and in the warm shower! I was feeling it the next day but it was weird…two inches above my knee all the way down to my ankles. The snow covered sidewalks must have done it to me.

Today I went to spin class and felt great! Even pushed myself more then Tracy was pushing the class. My co-worker asked me to do Grandma’s (½ marathon) in Duluth with her. I’ve never thought about doing one, and am not sure if I want to. My main focus on running is to bring up my cardio resistance (heart rate) so I can push harder on the bike. We’ll see, I didn’t say no.

No comments: