Thursday, January 10, 2008

TREEE…

…at least it stopped me.

After warming up on the small loop we headed out on the Northern Light loop. I tired to snowplow down the start of the Northern Light loop but couldn’t stop so I grabbed a tree and prayed I would stop soon. Once I got untangled from the brush I started off. Within a few yards I started to go down this slop while turning to the left. I found out quickly that the conditions of the classic ski trails were crap due to the warmer weather we’ve had and people skiing on the trials were very slippery and torn up. I lost control, jumped out of the tracks and immediately did a face plant on the course. I’m on my stomach, skis in the air…it was a typical photo you would see on TV… I was glad just to get up since I was sliding everywhere, but I got up backwards. That skate skier must have had a good chuckle that came by…it must have been a sight.

Before skiing I had a few extra minutes so I stopped by the shop to say hi to the guys. Bill showed up to have Travis convert his bike into a single speed and we checked out the new Madone. I have mine on order for March 2009.

Tonight I’m going to put in my long run then its Matt’s class in the morning.

No comments: