Friday, January 25, 2008

The humanity of our youth is concerning

This week I became even more concerned for the youth of our nation then I have been. Do you know what your children are doing? Do you REALLY understand what they are doing? I work on a website for a fortune 500 company that was tampered with by young computer geeks (I’m talking about 13-19 year olds). They found out how to cheat the system then blogged about it on a website called cheatingnetwork.net. We found that they have done this to other companies. The activity that took place wasn’t just cheating but fraudulent activities. My co-workers were stunned by the idea that there is a site called Cheating Network that tells you how to cheat step-by-step and the one’s there are developing and taking advantage of the opportunity were kids. I’m not surprised. I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. Cyber world is a cat and mouse game you can never keep out the one’s that try to cheat the system, you just have to try to be smarter then them again and again. Children these days are smarter and bolder now then they have ever been. I wasn’t stunned when I found that they were young…but 13?

Since I’ve been playing cyber cop this week I haven’t had much time to blog here is an update on my training:

Wednesday was Hellashious Hills. Those of you who know those words know how spin class went with Jody. I need a couple of hours of good awake time and copious amounts of coffee to do that type of workout. Half way through class Jody did one of her “yah-yah-yah” which translates to “I’m awake now, game on” or for us attendees “oh shit”. 560 calories burned

Today was Matt’s class. Matt—someday I will school you on those hills. 545 calories burned

Tomorrow is Jody’s 2 hour class and a good nap. I hope to get in some cross-country skiing this weekend.

1 comment:

Vito said...

I'm going to slip some of my heart medication (Beta Blocker) into Jody's water bottle.
That will slow her ass down.