Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm a little tired

This weekend was great. Jody started doing two spin classes on Saturday mornings. I talked Erika into coming to the first one. It was kind-of weird, most of the guys weren’t there except Kenny. Mel and I stayed for the second class. For someone who is my father’s age, he is in great shape! I basically kept my heart rate under my AT. You could tell that it was going to take Jody a few weekends to get used to the 2 classes. I love it, we where doing hill climbs with jumps and she said to the class “I’m going to make you scream.” Almost Jody…almost!

There is this one guy at the gym, dressed in jeans and a coat that keeps closing the studio door. It feels like 120 degrees when the door is closed. We kept opening it and he kept coming by and closing it. After the 3rd time everyone kept their eye on the door. I was ready to jump up and go have a little talk with the “crazy” guy.

I worked a few hours then went over to Carol’s for a party with the girls. Holly, Pam, Diane, Erika and myself came over. We where going to drink and play board games, but time flies when you start talking about cycling, bikes and rides. What do other women talk about when they get together? Must be boring.

Sunday is typically my rest day…but I had the day off and it was so nice out! I went x-country skiing for about 1.5 hours at Elm Creek (I did the big loop). There was this wicked hill that curved to the left…thank god I took my ski’s off and walked down. I guess others did the same since there where no classic tracks just a lot of foot prints. No wonder, I would have broken something if I attempted. All in all it was a nice course. The 40 degree weather made the snow seem like slick ice.

Erika called and asked if I would fill in and play broomball with her team that day. I played a little hockey in high school (via gym class) so I though…might as well try something new. Broomball is a cross between hockey and soccer on ice. I think I did pretty well considering I’m not someone who likes sports that includes a ball (or stick). I was aggressive, but if I would have had padding...game on!

I talked with my brother last night about endurance and cardio training (he cycles and is a chiropractor). Long story short, I’ll continue my running and mix in lower body weight lifting.

Tonight is spin class with Don. Don likes to focus on heart rate training, but don’t get me wrong…he never slows down!

No comments: