Friday, January 18, 2008

Lone Bike

It’s funny how we get into the habit of doing the something over and over. Every time I go to spin class I go to the same bike. It doesn’t matter who’s teaching, which class, or for that matter if there is class. Like our road bikes, we know the spin bike, the little tweaks and have grown accustom to how it fits. There are a number of us that do this ritual of going to the same bike. We’ve even started saving them for each other, but when one of us doesn’t make it that bike stays unused. There is a little sadness that they are not sitting there laughing and sweating along with you. Today in spin Bill’s bike stood unused since he is on a much needed break.

My morning started off a little rocky. I woke up a bit later then I wanted, but when I tried to get out of my garage my automatic garage door opener refused to work due to our balmy weather (high of zero today). I pulled it off the tracks and lifted up the door. I got my Jeep out and tried to close it but it wouldn’t go back on the tracks. I grabbed the ladder got up got up to see what was wrong. Turns out it wasn't lining up correctly. I fixed it and ran around the house. I made it to class 15 minutes later then I wanted.

When I got to class Matt gave me a hard time since Bill and Erik weren't there that I wouldn't have anyone to talk to...yeah right! Sarah sat next to me and we had a good conversation throughout class. I only got a couple dirty looks.

Last night I jumped on the trainer for about 80 minutes—now that my bike is clean. I don’t know if it’s because I’m stronger now or just because my trainer is from 1989 and makes a bird-like-chirping sound when in use, but I didn’t feel like I got much of a workout. My heart rate never jumped past 110 no matter how much I increased my speed without feeling like my bike was going to jump out of the trainer. Oh well, at least I burning a couple of calories instead of on the couch consuming.

Tomorrow is Jody’s 2-hour class.

1 comment:

Vito said...

Hey Madonna, Thanks much for the nice thoughts.I'll contact you soon and let you know how things are going. I'm still very tired and still not feeling well. I'm going to try and push up appointments tomorrow. I need some definite confirmation as to what the hell is going on.
You're the best!