Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whatever she’s taking I want some.

Sorry I haven’t updated this blog in a few days. If I’m not in firefighting mode at work then I’m at the gym or passed out on the couch.

Jody's Saturday’s class was crazy. As Bob Dahl likes to call her: Jody “whole new level” Quesnell. Let’s just say, I will never listen to symphony music the same. It was one of those classes you had to be there, everyone walked out saying “WTF was that?” I burned somewhere around 1,300 calories between her two classes.

I met up with a friend for coffee on Sunday. She is a daughter of my mother’s friend who just moved to the cities. I feel bad about our meeting because she got me talking about cycling and my goals and I wouldn’t shut up. What can I say…I have passion.

I took the day off from working out on Sunday and did some much needed house cleaning.

My bike has been sitting in the middle of the living room on the trainer - one step away from becoming a coat rack. 1. I've been at the gym a lot lately and 2. I need to clean it...it's been a while. I normally would sit on the deck to clean it, but I've been putting it off since it’s been so fridge cold. Yes, I could have taken it to the shop and Travis would have taken care of it, but I took it into my own hands and did it myself...


This could be a better photo if I only I had a rubber ducky. I don't recommend this process since it took me twice as long to clean up the mess.

On Monday I went to Don’s class. The music was actually pretty good, we worked on endurance. I wonder what my heart rate is driving to the gym verse while in the class? It maybe higher driving since everyone on the road is taking their sweet time while I see the minutes tick away. I’m getting a new heart rate monitor this week so I’ll let you know what I find out next week.

This morning I went to the gym to get my long run in so I don’t have to fight the New Year’s people tonight. I got about 50 minutes into my 60 minute run when I had to leave for a few and come back to finish. Starting speed was the same as last week, but unlike last week my heart rate jumped fast and I was over my AT after 30 minutes. I tried to fight though the pain, but my body out ruled my mind on this one. I know I should have taken it slower this morning since I just spun the night before. I got my 6 miles in then went over and did lower body weights.

1 comment:

Vito said...

You get an A+ for effort.
I'm not sure about your execution however. Bathtub!
Oh Well. Whatever works for you :)