…and I loved it. Who needs a trainer like Jillian from the Biggest Looser when you have your alter ego yelling at you to push yourself to the next level? No, I’m not going crazy—I’m just feeling good right now.
Last night I went to Don’s class. I’ve learned that his class can be a hit or miss on the type of energy you will expend—we worked on hills. I had the tension turned up so high you would have thought I was a pro climbing Alpe d’Huez (yeah I’ll keep dreaming). It was great, I started to get the endorphin rush before I even got off the bike. 506 calories spent.
This morning I went to the gym to get my long run in for the week. Last week I didn’t do so well so I was kind-of nervous about this week’s run. I started off at my higher speed but quickly knew that I wouldn’t be able to stay there for 60 minutes so I decreased my incline. After 35 minutes my heart rate was at 155 and I was feeling great, so I kicked up the speed every 5 minutes. I could have put the incline back on, but I knew that increasing my speed over 25 minutes would not skyrocket my heart rate as fast as the incline. Don’t get me wrong those last 2 minutes where tough, but I kept telling myself “you can do anything for 2 minutes” ~ a saying I’ve heard a number of times in spin class this past winter. 630 calories spent. 6.15 miles (total miles this week 11.45)
You’re probably wondering where I’m getting the calorie counts from. Last week I got my new heart rate monitor that gives an estimated calorie count based on your age/sex/weight/heart rate. I say estimate because calories spent is never accurate, but it gives a pretty good idea. Plus, this is one of my favorite features of my new gadget. Now I just need to work on the calorie intake…hard to do coming from a self-proclaimed sugar addict.
3 comments:
Madonna, you make me feel like such a lazy ass when I read your blog! The HR monitors are great. I'm on my 2nd one that has a calorie counter. Are they accurate?
Maybe not 100%, but, they are your guide to how well you worked out. They are great on bike rides too.
I didn't know they told you about sex, though.
double century!!
she sounds like a candidate
jorge
Post a Comment